Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Insurance for Commercial Vehicles Across Florida
Running a business requires a lot of moving parts. One of those moving parts are the vehicles used by your business to transport equipment or clients. If your business utilizes vehicles, you will need the right insurance to cover them.
Agents at North FLA Agency are dedicated to building genuine relationships with business owners across Florida through trust and high-quality customer service. We will evaluate your risks and help you protect your business’ vehicles with a comprehensive and reliable commercial car insurance policy.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance policies offer a lot of the same coverages as a personal auto insurance policy. Common coverages include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and other incidents not including collision.
- Collision Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: This covers bodily injury and property damage the driver may cause to someone else while operating the insured vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This helps cover medical bills the driver and their passengers may face after an accident, no matter who causes the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers damages that occur in an accident involving a driver who is not carrying an adequate amount of coverage.
- Roadside Assistance: This covers trip interruptions, such as running out of gas, blown tires or needing to be towed.
You should also consider adding Hired or Non-Owned Auto to your policy. This insurance can cover vehicles that are borrowed or used but not owned by the business. This may include rented vehicles and employee vehicles.
Is Commercial Auto Insurance Required?
Auto insurance requirements for commercial vehicles may vary depending on the weight of your business’ vehicles and what is being transported. Basic vehicles are generally required to carry at least:
- $10,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $20,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $10,000 in property damage liability
However, it is recommended that you carry full coverage on your business’ vehicles in order to have the most coverage possible.
Protect Your Commercial Vehicles
Protect the important assets of your business with a reliable policy. Speak with an agent from North FLA Agency at (904) 551-0627 or fill out an online quote form to get started.
Common Commercial Auto Insurance Questions
Commercial auto insurance is an auto policy designed specifically to cover commercial vehicles. This insurance offers a range of coverages to protect vehicles used and owned by a business, as well as to protect the business itself.
This type of policy works relatively the same as a personal auto insurance policy. Most commercial auto insurance policies are purchased by the business owner to cover all permissible drivers. So long as premiums are paid, the business should have coverage for the vehicles.
The cost of commercial auto insurance depends on your location, value of the vehicles, use of the vehicles, claims history and industry. Fill out an online quote form to find out how much you can save on commercial auto insurance.